Notification based on Assigned To on Incident creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a notification that would:

1) Send an e-mail when an Incident is raised by a "regular user"

2) Not send an e-mail when an Incident is raised by an IT staff member using the console

As of now, I have a subscription that sends the a-mail in both cases.

When we, the IT guys, create a ticket, we automatically assign ourselves to it, so I thought that this is where I should turn to.

My original subscription for a new Incident e-mail had just one criteria: Support Group equals MYIT

I modified it to look like:

Support Group equals MYIT

AND

Assigned To User [Domain User or Group] User Name is empty

I was hoping that this will launch the subscription only in scenario 1, however it ended in the subscription not launching at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:55 PM

Answers

• Beside the "Support Group/Assigned To User" as a criteria there might be another option for your notification:

You mentioned IT staff is creating the Incident in the SCSM console, end users are creating incident by portal or mail?

If so you can use the Source as criteria for your notification:

If Source is not equal "Console" = send notification

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Marcel Zehner Friday, April 29, 2016 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by rozanw Monday, May 2, 2016 9:53 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

From my understanding, the subscription you create should be launched when you have incidents meet the following conditions:

Support Group equals MYIT

AND

Assigned To User [Domain User or Group] User Name is empty

You may check whether you have such incidents.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

In addition, please also check the link below which guide on creating notification for an unassigned incident:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2013/05/16/creating-notification-for-an-unassigned-incident-or-service-request-in-service-manager/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:57 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Hi Yan,

Every Incident that is raised on the portal meets those conditions. I have specified the cirteria exactly like that, but it doesn't work.

This must be something that's related strictly to the second condition, because if I leave only the one with the Support Group everything works fine.

The link you suggested is not something that I will use since I already have SLA notifications about unassigned tickets.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:13 PM
  • Beside the "Support Group/Assigned To User" as a criteria there might be another option for your notification:

You mentioned IT staff is creating the Incident in the SCSM console, end users are creating incident by portal or mail?

If so you can use the Source as criteria for your notification:

If Source is not equal "Console" = send notification

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Marcel Zehner Friday, April 29, 2016 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by rozanw Monday, May 2, 2016 9:53 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Hello Andreas,

You have pointed me in the right direction.

The IT staff, when creating tickets, specify how they were contacted and we almost never use Console as the Source. However I specified Source = Portal as the Criteria, and it works perfectly.

Thank you.

Wojciech.

Monday, May 2, 2016 9:53 AM