Management packs for Linux/Unix versioning seems/feels wrong RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to use the catalog to check for newer versions for any installed MP, it gives 0 results for the Linux/Unix MPs.
    When I choose all MPs to look them up for myself I find results saying Status: Current,

My installed MPs say: version 7.5.1005.0 and the catalog says 6.1.7000.277 (that's old! So probably never updated! Shame)
    When I try to find the latest version on the web I get dozens of hits. What is the easiest and most consistent way to look up updated versions of (core) MPs for Linux/Unix?

For example I found this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29696
    Saying version: 7.6.1067.0 1/30/2017

When I extract it and prepare it to import in SCOM it shows completely different version numbers! Confusing, inconsistent all over the place. Please advise.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:44 PM

All replies

• https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29696 is the right place to find them, but pay attention to release history : depending on your SCOM version and the Linux flavor you are monitoring, the latest version is different.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Hello,

Not all management packs are available under Catalog, for Linux/Unix management pack, you should download it from the web.

As we can see, from the web page, we could download Linux management pack for different version of SCOM, like SCOM 2012, SCOM 2012 R2, and SCOM 2016. If you are running SCOM 2012 R2, the version of the management pack should be 7.5.1068.0 when you try to import the proper one.

7.6.1067.0 is the version number for SCOM 2016

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Friday, February 10, 2017 6:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, February 17, 2017 7:25 AM
    Friday, February 10, 2017 6:42 AM
  • You like points on your profile Yan. You seem eager to close threads and propose your own answer as correct without approval of the OP. It feels awkward someone deems his/her own answer the correct one without anyone else confirming this.
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:48 PM