locked
OWA sudden "unspecified error" (E2003) RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi i have a front-end server named "Front" and a back-end "Back" (domain = corp)

    suddenly we cant access OWA from the Front ... i believe that the problem is that the front cant access the mailboxes

    so i typed "subst m: \\.\BackOfficeStorage" and after browsing m:\domain\public folders the folder is empty....

    inside m:\domain\MBX i can see two which i dont have permissions to see the containts....

     

    on the back server with the same command i have 50 mailboxes inside m:\domain\MBX

    i recreated the VD's in the "back" and deleted the "d2mb" attribute... restarted...

     

    still the result is /exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll --> Unspecified error

     

    any ideas are mostly appreciated.

    Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:02 PM

Answers

  • You wouldn't see anything under your subst'ed m: drive on the front-end server, because it would only map to the infomation store on the FE server itself, which is empty (since it is an FE server).

    The first thing i would try would be to log onto OWA directly on the BE server.  That's all the FE server does anyway (it acts as a proxy), so to troubleshoot most FE OWA problems, it's usually a good idea to test the BE OWA first.


    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:39 PM
  • hi thanks for your response....

    the BE server was working... his only problem was that a logon page appeared suddenly.... so i said to remove it so i can use the BE until i fix the the FE

     

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996007%28EXCHG.65%29.aspx

     

    this article solved the problem with the logon page and actually.... after that... the FE server is working also like before.

    Friday, July 8, 2011 7:17 AM

All replies

  • You wouldn't see anything under your subst'ed m: drive on the front-end server, because it would only map to the infomation store on the FE server itself, which is empty (since it is an FE server).

    The first thing i would try would be to log onto OWA directly on the BE server.  That's all the FE server does anyway (it acts as a proxy), so to troubleshoot most FE OWA problems, it's usually a good idea to test the BE OWA first.


    Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:39 PM
  • hi thanks for your response....

    the BE server was working... his only problem was that a logon page appeared suddenly.... so i said to remove it so i can use the BE until i fix the the FE

     

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996007%28EXCHG.65%29.aspx

     

    this article solved the problem with the logon page and actually.... after that... the FE server is working also like before.

    Friday, July 8, 2011 7:17 AM