Windows Explorer never loads RRS feed

• Question

• When I launch Windows Explorer in Win 7 it never loads. All I get is Favorite, Library and Computer in the left navigation pane with little circles like it's loading. After a reboot it works fine for a couple of tries. Then it starts this again. Also sometimes all my desktop icons turn white when this is going on, but a refresh fixes that. I have run several online virus scanners, checked the hard drives and run SFC.

Monday, January 14, 2013 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you installed some updates or software prior to this issue?

You may disable all the third party plug-ins in Explorer.exe via Shellviewer and see if this helps.

Also, boot in Clean Boot mode and Safe Mode to exclude 3rd party software’s effect.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, January 21, 2013 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi ToyMaker85,

Try to re-installing Internet Explorer ,from:

Start --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Turn Windows Features on or off ---> un check Internet Explorer --> ok --> Restart you computer.

After Restarting do the same steps and check the Internet Explorer and restart again.

Regards,

MCT / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / MCSE / C|EH / CCNA

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:18 PM
  • I'm talking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. Does that matter?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

Did you installed some updates or software prior to this issue?

You may disable all the third party plug-ins in Explorer.exe via Shellviewer and see if this helps.

Also, boot in Clean Boot mode and Safe Mode to exclude 3rd party software’s effect.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, January 21, 2013 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:25 AM