Biztalk 2006 and 2010 Management Pack RunAs account issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Our SCOM 2007 R2 environment is monitoring both Biztalk 2006 and Biztalk 2010 systems. We have installed the management packs for both versions. The issue we have now is that there are duplicate RunAs profiles – 2 x Biztalk Server Discovery Account and 2 x Biztalk Server Monitoring Account. Is there any way to tell which of these profiles belongs to which management pack? I need to associate a different Windows account to each version.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Monday, June 17, 2013 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check the account’s all targeted objects, it would indicate the specific discovery class, you can check this article:

Configuring Run As Accounts and Profiles in OpsMgr – A SQL Management Pack Example

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/09/08/configuring-run-as-accounts-and-profiles-in-r2-a-sql-management-pack-example.aspx

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:22 AM
  • Hi Alex

Thank you for your reply. Although Kevin’s blog is the 1<sup>st</sup>, 2<sup>nd</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> place I would look for SCOM answers, I am not clear what you mean when you say “check the account’s all targeted objects, it would indicate the specific discovery class”. How do you do this?

Thanks

Mark

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry. Maybe I misunderstand your point, you mean you have two Biztalk Server Discovery Accounts, do you select the property to check the respective general properties? It should give you some description about this profile. Due to my SQL server monitor account has this content description: This account is used for all monitor of SQL Server ( 2000 and 2005 ) monitoring where querying of SQL is required.

Again, if I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to let me know.

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:22 AM
  • Hi Alex

A bit more detail about the issue. We have BizTalk 2006 systems and BizTalk 2010 systems. We want them both to be monitored with our SCOM 2007 R2 system. I have installed both BizTalk 2006 and BizTalk 2010 management packs. I have two service accounts (Windows AD accounts), one for each BizTalk environment. They have all the relevant permissions within their respective BizTalk environments.

I now want to use these two accounts as RunAs accounts, so need to allocate them to a profile. The trouble is, when I look in the Profiles page, there are two entries for a Biztalk Server Discovery Account and two entries for a Biztalk Server Monitoring Account. There is no description or visible means to tell if the profile is for BizTalk 2006 or BizTalk 2010. So how can I allocate the right service account to the right profile.

I was looking to see if anyone had come across this issue before and found a work around or solution. I suspect I know the answer and will just have to put it down to a badly authored management pack.

Thanks

Mark

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

If it is possible, can you share any screenshot in forum?

Alex Zhao

Friday, June 21, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Hi Alex

I would like to upload a screenshot but get "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account." when I submit.

Thanks

Mark

Monday, June 24, 2013 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to this link to ask for a verification for your account:

Verify Your Account 3

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5de1e611-247d-48a4-b931-f39c6a2df058/verify-your-account-3

Alex Zhao

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:44 AM