DSC Simp and Windows Live Messenger RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i've sequenced the above applications and I'm now trying to get them working together with DSC
    I installed Simp onto my vanilla sequencing machine to create my Simp package
    I then rolled the machine back and installed Simp normally to C:\ etc
    I then sequenced the Windows Live Messenger install
    Both apps work OK but they are not integrated - fine, ready for DSC

I've copied the codebase line from the WLM osd file into the Simp osd file
    <DEPENDENCY>
      <CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.5.0.0"/>
      <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://it-app-v:554/simppro/simppro.sft" GUID="2CD1AD1A-40E1-4944-9399-AEEDE99B61F8" SYSGUARDFILE="simppro\osguard.cp" MANDATORY="TRUE" />
     </DEPENDENCY>

I've imported the Simp package into AVMC - set the package
    both apps run but still no integration - could be just Simp being difficult or have I missed something

thanks

Glyn

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:42 AM

Answers

• I've copied the codebase line from the WLM osd file into the Simp osd file
    <DEPENDENCY>
      <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://it-app-v:554/simppro/simppro.sft" GUID="2CD1AD1A-40E1-4944-9399-AEEDE99B61F8" SYSGUARDFILE="simppro\osguard.cp" MANDATORY="TRUE" />
     </DEPENDENCY>

both apps run but still no integration - could be just Simp being difficult or have I missed something

Glyn,

Please review your OSD file again, CODEBASEs for dependency packages do not go under <DEPENDENCY> element, but rather under <DEPENDENCIES> which is a different tag. <DEPENDENCIES> go under <VIRTUALENV> element.

Confusing that they choose to add two similiar sounding tags? I think so too..

br,
    Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, September 11, 2009 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:12 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It sounds like the order is reversed, I would say that you would have to sequence Messenger first, then reset and install messenger to sequence simp....

But I haven't used SIMP or Messenger that much....

/Znack
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 10:06 AM
  • will give that a try and post how I get on
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:40 AM
  • have tried the other way round and both apps work but not together, could be a Simp thing, will test DSC with Office plug-ins shortly
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 1:28 PM

• I've copied the codebase line from the WLM osd file into the Simp osd file
    <DEPENDENCY>
     </DEPENDENCY>

Glyn,

Please review your OSD file again, CODEBASEs for dependency packages do not go under <DEPENDENCY> element, but rather under <DEPENDENCIES> which is a different tag. <DEPENDENCIES> go under <VIRTUALENV> element.

Confusing that they choose to add two similiar sounding tags? I think so too..

br,
    Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, September 11, 2009 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:12 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:17 PM