none
The IP address sending this message does not have a PTR record setup

Question

• Hi Experts , 
    Get-SendConnector shows me the following 2 send connectors:
    EdgeSync - Default-First-Site-Name to Internet {smtp:*;100}  True
    EdgeSync - Inbound to Default-First-Site-Name  {smtp:--;100} True

Is this default connector which gets created by default ? Please advsise 

We send the emails to internet directly without smart host. We have recently saw an issue where emails send to the *@gmail.com were not delivered with the NDR : The IP address sending this message does not have a PTR record setup. As a policy, Gmail does not accept messages from IPs with missing PTR records. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more information. g8si1635946otb.321 - gsmtp 

The command to remove the message headers needs to be run on which send connector
    Get-SendConnector "XXXXXXX" | Remove-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-Send-Headers-Routing
    Saturday, April 15, 2017 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hello

The PTR record set your ISP.
    Call your ISP and set your PTR recor like mail.domain.com ...

sorry my english

Sunday, April 16, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Thanks I am looking at the send connectors configured and want to change them now  , 

Get-SendConnector shows me the following 2 send connectors:
    EdgeSync - Default-First-Site-Name to Internet {smtp:*;100}  True
    EdgeSync - Inbound to Default-First-Site-Name  {smtp:--;100} True

Under the Network settings:Specify how to send mail with this connector.MX record associated with recipient domain is checked. I want to know the difference between the 2 connectors Default-First-Site-Name to Internet and Inbound to Default-First-Site-Name . Are they both needed ? If I want to relay all outbounds through the smarthost do I need to create a new connector . If yes what happens to the Default-First-Site-Name to Internet  

Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Hello

edge step bye step:

http://msexchangeguru.com/2014/03/24/e2013-edge/

but I think not need change edge conectors
    if have edge server why need smarthost? but yes need new send connector which point the smart host server

sorry my english

Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

As above mentioned, those connector was be created after deploy EdgeSync.

The Edge Subscription creates the following Send connectors:
    A Send connector named EdgeSync - Inbound to <Site Name> that's configured to relay messages from the Edge Transport server to the Exchange organization.
    A Send connector named EdgeSync - <Site Name> to Internet that's configured to relay messages from the Exchange organization to the Internet.

More details about it, refer to: Send connectors created automatically by the Edge Subscription.

Thus, if there's no Edge server or EdgeSync any more, you can remove those connector, and create a director send connector to Internet. 
    For your reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657457(v=exchg.160).aspx

To fix your issue with PTR record, please contact your ISP to add it.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 2:54 PM
  • Hi Allen,

What emails will be send using both the connector . I can understand EdgeSync - <Site Name> to Internet will send emails to the outside world over the internet

What about the EdgeSync - Inbound to <Site Name> that's configured to relay messages from the Edge Transport server to the Exchange organization. Is this for internal mailflow within the exchange server oraniozation.

Please explain

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:22 AM