Screen glitching out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I just updated my laptop to 8.1 today, and after it taking about three hours or more to actually update, I found that the screen majorly glitches to the point where I am unable to click on anything. It will switch back and forth from my desktop screen to a blue screen about every 2-5 seconds, and it is very annoying.

I was able to open up Internet Explorer by clicking on the icon right before the screen glitched, but I can still see it glitching behind the window. Also, I have no taskbar icons at the bottom of the screen, and if I move my cursor up to the top right corner, no icons to search or open settings pop up. If I close out of Internet Explorer, the screen just starts glitching again, but this time with no icons so I have to restart the computer.

I am not sure what went wrong, but I just want this to be fixed so I can actually use my laptop. Right now I am not happy with 8.1.

Monday, December 15, 2014 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you run the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant before upgrading? Did you see any incompatible information?

I would like to suggest you update all your drivers especially video card driver to check the result:

1.Right click start button and the click Device Manager.

2.On the Device manager windows, you will see a section called " Display adapter ", click on it.

Select one of the following:

3.Now right click on the video card shown and select " Update Driver Software ".

Or

4.To update the drivers manually, write down the name of the video card from the "Device manager" menu under "Display adapter". Go to the manufacturer's website, get the proper driver to install your own computer and

5.Restart the computer to take effect.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:17 AM update
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, December 24, 2014 10:26 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:17 AM