none
MDT 2013 Update 1 - Menu Display problem

Question

• Hi,

Hoping someone can help out...

We’re using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 ((Version: 6.3.8298.1000) to install Windows 10 Pro 1803

I’m trying to deploy to a Dell Precision 5520 (with latest BIOS update). I don’t have another model to test with at the moment.

If I write the LiteTouchPE_x64.iso to USB disk (MBR) and set the laptop to Legacy BIOS mode then the deployment works fine. Windows 10 is installed,  all drivers are injected and installed. The Operating System deploys successfully.

If I write the same file to usb disk (GPT) and set the Dell machine back to UEFI (with secure boot on or off) then the following happens:

- The MDT menu/splash screen which presents the list of Task Sequences is almost unreadable. It appears in a small box and even when expanded it still doesn't display properly. I can just about read/select the required Task Sequence and click continue at this point. The deployment continues and completes as expected after that.

We want to be able to deploy in GPT/UEFI mode, with secure boot enabled, as we need to use TPM/Bitlocker...so continuing with just Legacy BIOS mode isn’t an option.

Does anyone know how to fix this display issue? Is this maybe fixed in a later version of MDT?

If I need to provide any more info then please let me know.

Thanks!

Thursday, August 09, 2018 1:28 PM