none
Restricting Access to domain joined devices to only use WAP2 enabled access points

Question

• Hi All, 

Our Security office would like me to restrict access on all domain joined devices to use WAP2 enabled access points only. Can this be restricted via Group Policy?

I only came across restricting the devices to the corporate wifi. The requirement is to restrict users from access private none wap2 compliant access points. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers, 

Monday, February 06, 2017 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Our Security office would like me to restrict access on all domain joined devices to use WAP2 enabled access points only. Can this be restricted via Group Policy?

I only came across restricting the devices to the corporate wifi. The requirement is to restrict users from access private none wap2 compliant access points. 

>>>Do you mean that WPA2 authentication?

If yes, you could configure this under the path Computer Configuration\Policies\Window Settings\Security Settings\Public Key Policies\Wireless Network (IEEE 801.X) Policies in group policy.

For detailed information, please refer to the article below.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/RADIUS%3A_Push_a_PEAP_wireless_profile_to_a_Windows_7_domain_member_computer_via_GPO

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 06, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Jay

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Jay

Thursday, March 09, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Has your problem been resolved?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:47 PM