none
Custom Field and how to show it on project server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have successfully created a traffic light in my project.  I have uploaded the field to the ES 2010.  I can see the field in the Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables, but I can't see it in the project center or the project that it was created under.  What have I not done yet?

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• Mike --

You need to manually edit any Project Center views in which you want to see the traffic light field.  In Microsoft Project 2010, assuming that this field is an enterprise Project field, you can see the field by clicking Project > Project Information.  In the Project Information dialog, you will see the value for the field, not the stoplight indicator.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I'm not quite sure what you meant.  In MS Project 2010 I can see the traffic lights correctly.  What isn't visible is the traffic light field after I add it to the project level view.  The field doesn't have any values in it.  Does that make sense?

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:23 PM
  • Mike --

I am getting confused.  Is the field a Project field for a Task field?  Where are you seeing the field in Microsoft Project?  Where do you want to see the field in PWA?  Please let us know more and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:23 PM