Folders Structure Missing in Outlook 2016 for Mac RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I originally installed this it had the structured format like Windows (inbox, drafts, sent, clutter, etc) but now that has disappeared and all I have now is just a running inbox with no segregation. I tried to reset the defaults but nothing works. 

How do I fix this?

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:57 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your update.

According to your screenshot, the folder pane seems to be off. Please go to View > Sidebar to show it and then check the result.

If issue persists, please upgrade to the newest version to see if there are any improvements.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the Menu bar to see if you could find the View button.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it show correctly on the web mail?

Do you mean some folders like Drafts or Sent are missing? Would you mind sharing a screenshot here so that we can do further research?

What's your account type? According to my research, this issue usually occurs to IMAP account. If you are using IMAP account, please refer to the following steps to subscribe to these folders again and see if there are any improvements.

1. Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts.

2. Select your email account and click the Advanced tab.

3. Check the box next to Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes.

4. Close the Preferences panel and click save.

5. Restart the entire mail program.

6. If your folders are still not showing, please go to the View menu and select Show Mailboxes.

What’s more, if these folders are under On My Computer, they could be hidden. To show the On My Computer folders in the navigation pane, on the Outlook menu, please click Preferences. Under Personal Settings, click General and then, under Folder list, clear the Hide On My Computer folders check box.

If issue continues, please try creating a new profile and then check the result. You could refer to this article for detailed steps.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, February 9, 2018 8:58 AM
  • I don't know how to do screeenshots in Mac. Let me look it up and I'll post later. 
    Friday, February 9, 2018 4:54 PM
  • Here's a screenshot. The key combination on Mac is shift+command+3

Mac images are so rich. The screenshot exceed the forum limits for images. 

Standby...

Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:10 AM
  • Here we go...

Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:15 AM
  • I'm trying your recommendations now...
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:15 AM
  • Just FYI MAC works this way:

1. Tools > Accounts in Outlook

2. Select your email account and click the Advanced tab.

Steps 3 and 4 don't exist in the mac client. 

3. Tools > slider online/Offline > was already online. 

4. Automatic save on mac. 

No 6 only focused and Other inbox. 

• Edited by ResidentX10 Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:40 AM
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

According to your screenshot, the folder pane seems to be off. Please go to View > Sidebar to show it and then check the result.

If issue persists, please upgrade to the newest version to see if there are any improvements.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:11 AM
  • No "View" in Outlook Mac
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:29 AM
  • Only Organize
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the Menu bar to see if you could find the View button.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:57 AM
  • I really need to spend more time learning MacOS. The menu bar you show I had to put my mouse at the very top for it to show/dropdown. This issue is closed. Thank you. 
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:01 AM
  • You are welcome. If you have other issues, please feel free to tell us in Office forum.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:03 AM
  • For me it was in the Content (swe Innehåll) menu, Margins (swe Marginallist) that wasn't checked/chosen.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:06 AM
  • I am having the same issue. 

Monday, June 29, 2020 8:26 AM
  • Hi

When opening a resource box to Outlook Mac client if you use File / Open / Other Users mailbox result is that only inbox is displayed.

To have complete folder structure do as followed:

1. Goto Tools menu
    2. Choose Accounts
    3. Choose your O365 account
    4. Press Advances
    5. Choose Delegates page
    6. Add mailbox with open these additional mailboxes

-> mailbox opens with complete folder structure

BR

V-M

Monday, July 27, 2020 11:46 AM