Default to uncheckded for "Send and Email" when granting permissions in SP 2013 Online RRS feed

• Question

• I want the box for Send an Email to default to Unchecked when setting up SharePoint 2013 permissions. This seems like it should be a simple setting that could either be turned on or off. However, I am not finding that. Does anybody have a solution. Why is this so difficult!?

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi BM-1,

From your description, you want the box for Send an Email invitation to unchecked by default.

Per my research, for SharePoint online, it’s not supported to disable send email when grant permission with OOTB solution.

As a workaround, we can use JS in master page to achieve this functionality, the screenshot will show where to insert JS:

Below are the specific codes:

<script type="text/javascript">

var intv = setInterval(uncheckSendEmail, 1000);

function uncheckSendEmail()

{

if(null !== document.querySelector("#chkSendEmailv15"))

{

if("checked" === document.querySelector("#chkSendEmailv15").getAttribute("checked"))

{

document.querySelector("#chkSendEmailv15").removeAttribute("checked");

}

}

}

</script>

Best regards,                                                   

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:44 AM