none
Convert evaluation copy of SCSM 2016 to RTM version

Question

• Today, i can't connect to SCSM management and i found out that i was using eval copy of SCSM 2016. May i know, how can i convert it to RTM version ? i got product ID with me but i can't find a way to use it. thx. 

Monday, June 04, 2018 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hello!

I believe that there's no way of converting SCSM to a full license from the evaluation version.

There was another post like this and here are the options that was posted:

• Export of all management packs, reinstall and then import management packs will get the base system back, but lose all data.
    • Or you can call Microsoft support and they may be able to convert the license in a supported way.
    • Or you can try the option in the links above, but this may not be supported by Microsoft and may not work in SCSM 2016.

What Microsoft said about upgrading SCSM 2012 evaluation to full:

"For SCSM there is no conversion from EVAL to Licensed version, that is to say, there is no place to enter the Product Key. We have to reinstall the environment with new SM database."

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

• Proposed as answer by Glen.Xapity Monday, June 04, 2018 8:47 PM
    Monday, June 04, 2018 12:01 PM
  • Hi Developer_75,

As Leon mentioned, you have to log a support call at Microsoft to convert the evaluation version to RTM version.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 3:14 AM