get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus false on all servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have SFB 2015 which have been working fine. This week setup a new site for United states.

Everything is working fine (meet,screensharing,chat and so on) internally and externally.

But when we run get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus  status is false on all servers.

CMS is on the main site, which is in Europe.

Any idea on where to start the troubleshooting?

invoke-csmanagementstorereplication did not help.

thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:07 PM

Answers

• Then the issue was solved my restarting Master replica service on the server that hosted master.Now all servers have status updated and Voice and meeting are getting the correct region!

Thanks all!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Marked as answer by Off2work Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:02 PM

All replies

• Please make sure you do the all below troubleshooting,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2759117

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:32 PM
  • Thanks Muralidharan,

port 4443 is ok

access to CMS store is ok

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:21 PM
  • you mean both are ok and still issue persist?

Then,,

from file share, are you able to view the replication files?

There will be folders as from replica and to replica.. If you could see the replication, there is no issues withe the CMS replication.. if you dont see your files then you probably need to check fileshare permissions..

How Replication works,

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jenstr/2010/10/13/what-is-central-management-store-cms/

File share permission,

http://blog.schertz.name/2013/03/breaking-down-lync-file-share/

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:31 PM
  • Hi,

4443 is irrelevant unless you are specifically troubleshooting Edge server replication. Replication between non-edge servers is over SMB 445. please confirm you can telnet from one of your new servers in the United States to your CMS master.

Alternately you can download port query GUI from the below link and run it on one of the United States servers, point it at your CMS master and query TCP 445.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=24009

If your not able to telnet or successfully query TCP 445, then you most likely have a firewall issue. It's also worth checking to make sure that file and printer sharing isn't disabled on the network adapter as that will also break your replication.

I've also seen issue with Server 2012 R2 dropping SMB shares. So do as Muralidharan suggests and try browsing directly to the share; i.e. \\serverfqdn.yourdomain.local

The event logs will have something to say if replication isn't working - please provide this information.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:06 PM
  • if you have already validated ports&firewall. Confirm the certificate status, is Oauth cert replicated across? 

is the crl reachable from us servers? also as a last try you can run below cmd to replicate manually to US server- i had seen replication resuming after this.

Import-CsConfiguration -FileName "C:\Config.zip" -LocalStore

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Hi all and thanks for your feedbacks.

Port 445 is open from US servers to Europe servers.

Even firewall been disabled on whole lync environment

US servers can also access SkypeFileShare on Europe servers

CRL and certificate are ok, they are replicated and Oauth as well.

Did export and import csconfiguration (from master server to US server)

Then also ran invoke-csmanagementstorereplication without any help.

Other ideas?

thanks!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Then the issue was solved my restarting Master replica service on the server that hosted master.Now all servers have status updated and Voice and meeting are getting the correct region!

Thanks all!

• Marked as answer by Off2work Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:02 PM