Sequencing CRM 3.0 Plugin with Office 2003/2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had any experience in sequencing office 2003/2007 with the Microsoft CRM plugin?

I have tried a few different ways so far (dropping CRM folder into msoffice folder during sequence/installing office to CRM directory/softgrid migration tool) but to no avail.

Help appreciated Smile

Cheers
    Justin
    Monday, May 26, 2008 12:49 AM

Answers

• Hello jmac86,

I sequenced office 2007 and CRM. After that I used DSC to lat them them work together. It Workes perfect.

Grz

Roelk
    Roelk
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to accomplish this.  I have been very unsuccessful as well.  If anybody has ideas.  I'd like to know.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:08 PM
  • Have you tried using dynamic suite comp for the plugin?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc843662.aspx

Thanks,
    Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:32 PM
    Answerer
  • As far as I know CRM + Outlook with "Offline operations" requires to install SQL 2005 express as well on the client (so CRM can store some data in SQL). I faced this scenario at a customr and MSFT's answer was: "Can't be done", but without any good further explainations.

Falko
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:06 PM
  • Hello,

Kirk_tn, you are correct. The offline / laptop-client is a simply can't be done (and the reason above is one of many).

However, there is a desktop-client which is a perhaps can be done. Unfortunatly I don't have a CRM system around anymore to try it (well, somewhere there should be a 4.0 installation - but that client was improved upon in a deployment perspective).

But, CRM 3.0 Offline client would have been great if it could be virtualized (honestly, I could have sold softgrid / app-v to so many customers struggling with that client - the ROI would have been instant profitable).

/Znack
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:13 PM
  • Hello jmac86,

I sequenced office 2007 and CRM. After that I used DSC to lat them them work together. It Workes perfect.

Grz

Roelk
    Roelk
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:00 PM
  • Hello,

Which version of CRM-client? (laptop / desktop?, 1.2,2.0,3.0,3.0c,4.0?)

/Znack
  • Hello Znack,

We are using CRM 4.0 with patch KB961768.

GRz

Roelk
    Roelk
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:40 AM
  • Roelk,

Could you describe the steps for sequencing CRM 4 Client for Outlook.
    When i want to use the configuration wizard it complains about outlook not being installed. 
    Trying to use DSC. Could you show me how your osd files look like?

Greetings
    Jona
    Monday, May 25, 2009 10:04 AM
  • Hi Jona,

I installed office on my sequence computer The same way I installed it when I made the sequence.
    The I started the sequencer on the computer.
    I followed the wizzard and installed crm 4.0 with  patch kb961768.
    The I stopped monitoring and didn't launch anything.
    After that I edit the osd file. This is what i added.
    <DEPENDENCIES>
            <CODEBASE HREF="rtsp://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:554/crm.001/crm.sft" GUID="FE3D12CB-7BC7-4947-BA82-5AE7BDBB138F" SYSGUARDFILE="crm.001\osguard.cp" MANDATORY="FALSE" />
          </DEPENDENCIES>
    Mandotory="false" this I did because I wanted my AD tho set the permissions to start or not to start te crm plugin.

When you use DSC you have to make sure that your client computer uses app-v client 4.5

When outlook then starts you have a button connect to the crm server.
    The you have to follow the wizzard and there are things installed. The next time you start outlook you can work with crm for outlook.

hope this helps.

Grz

Roelk

The Difficult takes time, the impossible just a little longer.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:07 AM
  • Hello Roelk,

Could you please give me some more detail on the sequencing of CRM for Outlook? Basically how did you change the default install path of the CRM plugin so it installs to the Q:\. Perhaps its obvious but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Also did you add the dependencies to the .OSD file of just Outlook or every .OSD file in Office? I am trying to sequence it with Office 2010 BTW.

Thanks,

Speights

Monday, July 19, 2010 3:22 AM