none
Insert image in all Master Pages. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I need to insert 1px image in all master pages within my SharePoint farm (2010). This image will count all user who access the sites and then do a lookup to convert IP into COmputer names, so that way we can audit the computer name had accessed the web site.

The problems heres is that there may be about 100 different mater pages within the Farm, so I was wondering who can I do it in some automated way.

Tks 

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:45 PM

All replies

• You can try using a delegate control feature activated on all sites to display the control/image.

How to: Customize a Delegate Control

Delegate Control (Control Templatization)

The above delegate control will be applied to the Site Master page. _layouts pages using application master page cannot be customized/changed without a custom HttpModule.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Hi, Guru, 

Tks for the information I'm looking at it right now, however I was wondering I could create a webpart and then use a custom (empty) contentplaceholderid to insert the part it on the master page. You think that work? plus Iwe may have 100+ Masterpages so the real deal is who to insert the changes into the masterpages as fast as possible.

Tks man!!

Hugo.

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:36 PM
  • I think delegate control would be the right and quickest way to customize master page by achieving a plug-in functionality without modifying the master page.
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:18 AM