none
Deleting the Deliverables list from the 'Welcome to my site' page of a custom Workspace template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In PS 2010 - amended project site template

I wonder if someone can tell me if I can delete the deliverables list on a customised workspace template without causing damaging integration issues.

Thanks

Brian

Brian Hyam

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Why do you want to delete the list? If you don't need it just remove the link from the quick launch menu?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:36 PM
  • Thanks Paul

Yes, I had done that (remove from quick launch menu) but that didn't seem to remove the webpart from the page (client request). It only removed the left hand link.

Of course I can close it ok in the template but whenever a project workspace site is formed from the template it has the deliverables list displayed.

I didn't want to hit delete the webpart from the 'welcome to your site' page in case I was committing a sin (I realise there is some integration normally with deliverables). I assume that would only be deleting the webpart from the page but just wanted to check before I go ahead and hit delete.

Perhaps I am being over cautious!

Brian

Brian Hyam

Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:02 AM
  • You can delete the web part without causing any issues.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, October 28, 2013 11:07 AM
  • Hi Paul, one of my costumers witch still is in Project Server 2007 deleted the Deliverables List from all Project Sites.<o:p></o:p>

Now we need to re-create this list to use deliverable's related functionality...<o:p></o:p>

But when we create the list even from a template, project doesn´t seems to accept the new list and keeps saying that there is no project site associated with the project.<o:p></o:p>

Could you please help us? There’s a way to restore deliverables functionality without creating a new project site?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks in advance!<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:10 AM