none
How to add an "responsible ressource" to MS Project activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to add an responsible ressource (person) for each activity in Microsoft Project 2016. What is the best way to define a ressource (person) as the "responsible" person? 

Thanks your for your suggestions.

Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:57 AM

Answers

• I add a custom task text field called "Leader" (you could use your words "Responsible Resource"). Then fill that in for each task row in the project plan that you want to define/record the leader.  You can then also use that field in filters, groups, etc. to display the project with respect to that leader.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

• Marked as answer by helmi-93 Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:57 PM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:55 PM

All replies

• I add a custom task text field called "Leader" (you could use your words "Responsible Resource"). Then fill that in for each task row in the project plan that you want to define/record the leader.  You can then also use that field in filters, groups, etc. to display the project with respect to that leader.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

• Marked as answer by helmi-93 Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:57 PM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:55 PM
  • helmi-93,

Since you want to designate a responsible person per task, I suggest you use an Assignment Text field on the Task Usage view like this:

Or, in the Gantt Chart view you can use a Task Text field or the Notes field as shown below. Note, assignment text fields and task text fields are not the same. See, https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31991.ms-project-data-types-task-resource-assignment.aspx

Hope this helps.

John

Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:57 PM
  • @Rob Schneider,

Thanks You! I found this option also  but I was not shure if this the right way to solve this problem.

But it works fine and I will do it so!

Thanks!

Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:00 PM
  • helmi-93,

Rob's suggestion seems pretty standard for those who decline to conflate resource assignments with management responsibility.

A more formal option is to create and apply an Outline Code for "Responsibility" (or maybe "Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS)."  This option supports easy management reporting for projects with hierarchical organizations.

Good luck, tom

Monday, August 20, 2018 1:00 PM