none
Can't log into a domain RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows 10 Professional. I have joined the pc to our domain and can log in using the admin account. However, when I add a new user in controlpanel/users and then try to login under the their name using their name the login screen keeps asking for an email format login rather than the domain login. Our group policy restricts internet access so using a microsoft account is not an option. I have trIed using the change account type option under settings/accounts but it doesn't open any windows. Add a work account or removing the account doesn't work either. How do I remove the microsoft account option for all users?

Robert

Friday, September 30, 2016 10:17 PM

Answers

• So a domain, domain users should be able to login to this PC, no need to add them to user under settings or a MS account.

So if a you attempt a login with another domain account (without adding it to the local machine) what happens?

How was this machine built? What path did it follow to be a Windows 10 Pro machine?

Friday, September 30, 2016 11:01 PM
  • I agree with Mr Happy. For domain user we don't need to add it in current computer.

I would also like to confirm if you can use name@yourdomain.com such name to login your computer.

Meanwhile, make sure your domain settings allow user to login to domain computer with domain\name format.

For further troubleshooting, please also let us know the OS version on your DC.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 3, 2016 10:43 AM
    Owner

All replies

• So a domain, domain users should be able to login to this PC, no need to add them to user under settings or a MS account.

So if a you attempt a login with another domain account (without adding it to the local machine) what happens?

How was this machine built? What path did it follow to be a Windows 10 Pro machine?

Friday, September 30, 2016 11:01 PM
  • I agree with Mr Happy. For domain user we don't need to add it in current computer.

I would also like to confirm if you can use name@yourdomain.com such name to login your computer.

Meanwhile, make sure your domain settings allow user to login to domain computer with domain\name format.

For further troubleshooting, please also let us know the OS version on your DC.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 3, 2016 10:43 AM
    Owner