none
FileZilla Client

General discussion

• Here's a really straight forward easy one. I use this for training purposes a lot. Based on 4.6SP1

Step 1 - Prepare the sequencing machine by adding the following Exclusions to the Exclusions list:

Launch the App-V Sequencer. Browse to Tools-->Options

%CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS%\FileZilla FTP Client

%CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%\Microsoft\RAC

%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Installer

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Ensure Windows Search and Windows Defender services have been stopped on the machine.

Step 2 - Sequence the Application

Choose all defaults in the App-V Sequencing Wizard until you get to the window prompting you to provide a Package name. Name the package accordingly e.g. FileZilla Client 5.3.3. Take note of the Primary Directory e.g. Q:\FileZilla Client 5.3.3 as you'll want to install the application here. Click Next.

Choose Perform a custom installation. Click Next.

Launch the installer. Ensure you select custom during the installation, ensure you choose to browse on the Dialog which allows you to choose what components to install, this will allow you to change the install directory. I allow this application to install to it's default directory. I also choose to un-check the checkbox for shell extensions.

You will need to browse to the install directory and find the file fzdefaults.xml.sample. Rename the file, remove .sample. Then modify the contents with Notepad to ensure the Check for updates option is disabled

Check the box to indicate the install has been completed once you have successfully installed the application.

I do not launch for first use tasks or to optimize the application as I want a clean first launch for each user and allow the app to see the local machine drives.

I ensure I only have one shortcut for FileZilla client and move on. When complete click next.

When complete you may select File-->SaveAs

Save the application to the relevant path (what you set in the Deployment tab)

Step 3 - Application Complete

That is the client for FileZilla now sequenced. You should not that you lose the shell extension functionality by sequencing the application with the current sequencer (4.6 SP1)

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Monday, October 22, 2012 3:58 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 3:57 PM

All replies