Office 365 Outlook suddenly refusing to send to a mass mailing list of 165 clients RRS feed

• Question

• I use Outlook as my email browser, using Microsoft Exchange. It is working fine except that it suddenly will not send to the mass mailing list of 165 clients. I wonder if I need to change from Microsoft Exchange to IMAP? Or do something else?

Hope you can help me!

Cheryl

Friday, March 13, 2020 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Cheryl,

Are you using an Outlook 365 client? Is there any detailed error message when the issue occurs? if there is, please provide me with it.

Have you tried sending again? 

To check whether this is a client issue, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the message can be sent on your web mail.

Besides, based on my reseach, there is a limit for maximum number of recipients in a message, so it is also suggested to contact your organization admin for some information (To see if a limit has benn set).

You can also try sending this email in multiple batches to less than 50 people at a time.

In addition, to check whether there is a problem with the email itself, please try sending to these 165 clients with other messages and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 16, 2020 3:19 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:35 AM