none
Solution Gallery - Deactivate Solution RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2013 - I created a new project site template and added it to the Solution Gallery. I need to (1) Deactivate the solution and (2) Delete the solution. When I try to deactivate the solution, I get the following warning message and I am unable to delete the solution.

Warning: Deactivating this solution turns off the capabilities of this solution.  Some parts of this site may no longer function.  You may want to check the usage of this solution before deactivating it.

As I am the only one with access to Project Server, I know that the solution is currently not being used.

Question: Does anyone have an idea about what I need to do to be able to delete this (Project Site Template) solution. 

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is just a warning message for the admin to be sure that the solution is not in use by the system. If you are sure, just ignore the message and proceed with the deletion.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:43 PM
  • That's the problem. When I select the checkbox to the left of the solution in the list and click on "Deactivate" in the ribbon, I get the warning message and there is no option other than to close the warning message. So the solution is never "Deactivated".

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 10:25 PM
  • Hi,

Searching a bit on Internet, it seems like you might need to remove any content based on the template from recycle bins.

If it is not working, you could use a powershell script, following this reference:

Disable-SPFeature –Identity MyFeatureNameOrGuid –url http://myspwebapp

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:39 AM