none
Microsoft Project Standard 2013 Crashes When updating task percentage of completion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am using Microsoft Project Standard 2013 version 15.0.4569.1506 Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS.

Recently when I attempt to update the percentage of completion for individual tasks the program gives me the message

"Microsoft Project has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible."

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Keith,

Unfortunately I don't have Project 2013 to test this but maybe the following thread will shed some light.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/307f6246-c951-412e-9a4b-1b936d69e85a/project-20132016-task-form-complete-bug?forum=projectprofessional2010general

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:21 AM
  • Thank you for the link, I can update task progress through the task table and the program is stable. I really do think that it is a bug which hopefully Microsoft will address. Thank you again for the help.

Keith

Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:48 PM
  • Keith,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Hello, I am using Microsoft Project Standard 2013 version 15.0.4569.1506 Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS.

Recently when I attempt to update the percentage of completion for individual tasks the program gives me the message

"Microsoft Project has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible."

I have a customer experiencing this exact same issue. Just started in the last week with no configuration changes on the computer. Hope we can find a fix soon!
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:17 PM
  • Thank, you I will stay tuned.

Keith

Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:29 PM
  • We have a fix in the works for this issue and it will be delivered in the April PU for Project 2013 - due out April 12th.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, March 18, 2016 8:39 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for the response, I will look for a patch in mid April.

Keith

Monday, March 21, 2016 3:06 PM
  • You can always insert a % complete column and enter that way. 
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Can someone give me the KB# for this patch?  I am assuming it has been released?

Thanks,

Stacey

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Stacey,

Your best bet is to simply run Windows Update as that will pick up the latest Office (and Project) Cumulative Updates. However, if you want to dig a little deeper, take a looks at Brian's blog at:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/p/msp13/

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:34 AM