Deleted Profile RRS feed

• Question

• I received an error in logging in "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded". I tried several times to log in but never could. So I logged on in Safe Mode. I went to Start/Computer/Properties then I went to "Change Settings", Advanced and then to User Profile Settings, and then tried to delete the profile. (I used instructions I searched from on the Windows website.) At that point it would never do anything else. So I eventually went in (in safe mode) and changed the profile to no password. Still no access. Then I created a new user profile and then also created a new Administrative profile and changed my original profile from "Administrative" to "Standard". Now none of the profiles has my programs, settings or files. I have tried System restore no help. Is there anyway to get that profile back?
    Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:50 PM

Answers

• HI,

Let’s make an analysis of this situation, the user profile has already been  deleted, and you couldn’t see anything in the new profile, and a system restore failed to solve this issue, then I’m afraid that it is difficult for you to retrieve this profile, if something extremely important is stored in it, I suggest you take out the drive and ask a professional recovery service for help.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What kind of this user profile, local? Roaming? Have you deleted the user profile yet? User profiles are stored in the C:\Users folder tree,  all your setting are stored in a folder of a particular username, If it has been already deleted, I’m afraid that it is hard to recover them by yourself. you may wish to use a professional recovery service. They may require you to send your hard drive to them.

From your description, I don’t get the detailed steps you performed to solve this issue, have you tried solutions listed in the following KB?  I’d like to share it with you:

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards,

Yolanda

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Sorry for the scrambled description, I guess I'm so frazzled. But the link you provided is exactly what I followed. I went to "Let me do it myself in Method 3". I would get to "step e" but it would just hang there and would never let me get out of that window. That's when I did the following:

(in safe mode) and changed the profile to no password. Still no access. Then I created a new user profile and then also created a new Administrative profile and changed my original profile from "Administrative" to "Standard".

Would a local (Louisville, KY USA) computer person be able to retrieve this?

Opps - it was a local profile, and I believe it has been deleted. I cannot access it when I boot up.
    • Edited by JFSams Monday, September 23, 2013 11:31 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 11:29 AM
  • HI,

Let’s make an analysis of this situation, the user profile has already been  deleted, and you couldn’t see anything in the new profile, and a system restore failed to solve this issue, then I’m afraid that it is difficult for you to retrieve this profile, if something extremely important is stored in it, I suggest you take out the drive and ask a professional recovery service for help.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:43 AM