Warcraft2 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I play warcraft2 on Windows7?
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:04 AM

Answers

• As I know the game even cannot run in Windows XP. Therefore you need third party virtual machines that can run Windows 98 and play the game in it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:06 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:16 AM
  • I have a similar problem as well.  I manage to install the game but whenever I try to open it, an error message pops up.  It says my Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition cannot read a needed file.  It also says to make sure the CD is in the drive when it clearly is.  I'm at my wits end here.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:42 AM

All replies

• What is the issue that you are facing? Does the installation itself not start or the game does not? More details would help.
    Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:17 PM
  • As I know the game even cannot run in Windows XP. Therefore you need third party virtual machines that can run Windows 98 and play the game in it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:16 AM
  • I have a similar problem as well.  I manage to install the game but whenever I try to open it, an error message pops up.  It says my Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition cannot read a needed file.  It also says to make sure the CD is in the drive when it clearly is.  I'm at my wits end here.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:42 AM