Outlook version RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning everyone.

I'm using this version of Outlook 2016: 

In another PC i noticed there's an Outlook version able to sync in real time the contats, calendar, etc... furthermore it promptly suggests you the contacts in your web account. All these things are unthinkable in my version.

which Office versions offer this feature?

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrea,

>> In another PC i noticed there's an Outlook version able to sync in real time the contats, calendar, etc... 

According to your description, I think that it may be the type of account configured on the Outlook that cause the difference rather than the version.  

When you are using an Exchange account, the contacts and calendars and emails will be synced in real time regardless of version. 

So if you'd like to sync data in real time, please make sure you have set your account as an Exchange account on your Outlook. (Select "Manual setup" or "Advanced options" > "Let me set up my account manually" when you are configuring your account)

For your reference: Sync basics - what you can and cannot sync.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

>> In another PC i noticed there's an Outlook version able to sync in real time the contats, calendar, etc... 

According to your description, I think that it may be the type of account configured on the Outlook that cause the difference rather than the version.  

When you are using an Exchange account, the contacts and calendars and emails will be synced in real time regardless of version. 

So if you'd like to sync data in real time, please make sure you have set your account as an Exchange account on your Outlook. (Select "Manual setup" or "Advanced options" > "Let me set up my account manually" when you are configuring your account)

For your reference: Sync basics - what you can and cannot sync.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Actually i have an exchange account, but in the "to" field, are suggested only the contacts i just used, not all the one in the address book
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is by design, the contacts suggested  in the "To" field are based on what you've entered (Auto-Complete List). It will not show all the contacts in the address book. There is an article for your reference:

Manage suggested recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes with Auto-Complete.

If you'd like to choose a contact suggested from the address book, just click "Check Names".

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:08 AM
  • oh, it's a shame.

i don't have the "other suggestion" part available, i have only a single list. Can i split them?

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tested in my environment (Outlook 2016 16.0.4849.1000 MSI) and didn't see the "Other Suggestion" part, then I continued to test in other environment and only see this feature in Office 365 (Click to run). So it is suggested to install the latest updates and test, if you still don't have this feature then I'm afraid this feature is not available in your version of Outlook.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 9:06 AM