none
Powershell Remote Access to Exchange Server in same Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've following problem concerning the Exchange remote Powershell: I'm trying to set up a remote Powershell connection to an exchange on-premise server. Both pcs are in the same domain, so I try this cmdlets:

Enter-PSSession exchange01

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.SnapIn

#Everything works fine until here but than I'm trying to fire up a cmdlet for my exchange server

[exchange01]: PS C:\Users\Administrator.DOMAIN\Documents> Get-Mailbox
    Active Directory operation failed on . The supplied credential for 'DOMAIN\Administrator' is invalid.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], ADInvalidCredentialException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=exchange01,RequestId=cfdb8f00-383d-48cb-ad48-5c49192443e6,TimeStamp=24.05.2019  1:51:20] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ADInvalidCredentialException] 3FC0C0D

I already tried it in different scenarios, sent credentials and so on. But I come all the time to this result.

Any ideas?

Friday, May 24, 2019 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I've following problem concerning the Exchange remote Powershell: I'm trying to set up a remote Powershell connection to an exchange on-premise server. Both pcs are in the same domain, so I try this cmdlets:

#Everything works fine until here but than I'm trying to fire up a cmdlet for my exchange server

Active Directory operation failed on . The supplied credential for 'DOMAIN\Administrator' is invalid.
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=exchange01,RequestId=cfdb8f00-383d-48cb-ad48-5c49192443e6,TimeStamp=24.05.2019  1:51:20] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ADInvalidCredentialException] 3FC0C0D

I already tried it in different scenarios, sent credentials and so on. But I come all the time to this result.

Any ideas?

Thats not supported. You can't use the PSSnapin.

You have to remote to the server

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/exchange-server/connect-to-exchange-servers-using-remote-powershell?view=exchange-ps

and really, you dont need to pass cred on the same domain This will work

$exchangeserver = <your Exch Server>
    $E2K16 = new-pssession -configurationname Microsoft.Exchange -connectionuri "http://$exchangeserver/PowerShell/" -authentication kerberos

import-pssession $E2K16 -disablenamechecking:$True 2>&1 | out-null

Friday, May 24, 2019 12:14 PM

All replies

• You have to use credential, try this:

$session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://exchange:25443/powershell -Credential (Get-Credential -Credential user@domain) -Authentication basic -errorAction:stop
    import-pssession $session

or this:

$Credential = Get-Credential
    Enter-PSSession -ComputerName Exchange -Credential $Credential

Friday, May 24, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Hello,

Any ideas?

Thats not supported. You can't use the PSSnapin.

You have to remote to the server

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/exchange-server/connect-to-exchange-servers-using-remote-powershell?view=exchange-ps

and really, you dont need to pass cred on the same domain This will work

$exchangeserver = <your Exch Server>
    $E2K16 = new-pssession -configurationname Microsoft.Exchange -connectionuri "http://$exchangeserver/PowerShell/" -authentication kerberos

import-pssession $E2K16 -disablenamechecking:$True 2>&1 | out-null

Friday, May 24, 2019 12:14 PM
  • Thank you so much! It works perfectly.
    Friday, May 24, 2019 12:45 PM