No ring back tone on inbound calls RRS feed

• Question

• We have Skype for Business 2015 with a direct SIP trunk from Windstream. There is no SBC in play here (that I can control, anyway). Just over 3 weeks ago, the inbound call ring back tone stopped working. When a caller calls any of our DID numbers they hear silence until either the callee picks up or the call goes to voicemail. If the caller were to call the main number and dial their extension or by name, the ring back tone is heard.

The carrier claims that nothing has changed on their end. We recently upgraded from Lync 2013 to S4B but this has worked since then. There are other threads that I have read that suggest having the carrier made a change to suppress SDP from 183 message from the Skype server, but support says they can't do that.

Anyone have any suggestions on something that I can try from my side, short of dropping an SBC in between S4B server and the carrier?

Thanks in advance.

-dw

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hi dwisel,

According to your description, this problem may be not caused by the Skype for Business itself, it may the device or an issue with the carrier. 

For this issue, if want to check in your side, I suggest you could try to use the SFB Logging Tool to collect the logs on the Mediation Server with the components S4 and SIPStack. You need to collect logs separately, collect the call which caller were to call the main number and dial their extension or by name and the call have this issue. Then you could compare the logs and find the details.

You could refer to No Ringback Heard by Caller – Skype for Business & Audiocodes to find more details.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Do you have the trace captured on S4B when call is coming from carrier to your DID number.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi dwisel,

Is there any update for this issue?

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 5, 2018 6:02 AM