pluged in, not charging HP battery dead? RRS feed

• Question

• Just got my HP dv7 1133 back from repairs once again. This time a replacement of a fan and while there they updated my BIOS.  A few months before hp gave it a new harddrive and a fan cleaning......has had 2 fans.  

After I got it back from repairs it started to show pluged in, not charging.  I did a battery check said battery dead.  REPLACE how so it's only 13 months old and this lemon of a pc has been back to hp so much.   

A/ buy a new battery

B/ put the battery in the freezer overnight

C/ it has to do something to do with the bio

D/the fan being down so often or sounding like a nasa race and  has fried it

E/ battery can't be dead was working well could leave in unplugged using it for 2 hours no issues......would not die......

F/ for about 45 sec when i plug it in will chage the battery.......has moved from 85% to 91

It is plugged in most of the time.
    Monday, March 1, 2010 5:32 AM

All replies

• It's very simple. I had the same problem a while back, and found the solution on some forum or other. It happened again to me today, and I was looking for the article, but decided to do my own thing and it worked. Basically, all you have to do is:

1. Shut off computer.

2.Remove battery.

3.While power cord is plugged in, turn on computer.

4.Log in and check battery status. It should say Plugged in, no battery detected. If not, you need professional help.

5.Remove power cord. This will cause your computer to immediately turn off.

6.Replace battery and power cord and start computer normally. Check status. It should be charging now. If not, you need professional help.

It might help to write this down before shutting down, because, you know. Good luck.

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:38 PM