none
Internet Explorer 6 - differences in SP1, SP2 and SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,. Can anyone help me regarding the difference with SP1, SP2 and SP3 for IE6. We need to run a new application system that requires IE6 SP3 as a minimum but I'm trying to engage the differences and the reasoning why we cannot use SP1.

Our current version is IE6 SP1 with little scope to upgrade at this moment in time. I've look through the Microsoft sites but I cannot find anything that discusses the differences between the service packs.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

• Moved by Neddy Ren Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:13 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Monday, March 28, 2011 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi moonfax,

Welcome to the MSDN Fourm.

Your questions is not Windows Form development issue and I'll help you to move your thread to Internet Explorer forum for more professional supports. Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Service packs have hot fixes and required software to update to make system run more smoothly.Go to the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie and update the browser to explorer 8, don't need service pack.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 2:46 AM