none
Error 32003 "Source URL Absent" while Restoring a default.aspx page to Production MOSS 2007 Farm RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem trying to recover/restore item level files to my MOSS 2007 (Sp2) Farm. DPM 2010 seems to be backing up ok but when I try to do a restore I keep getting hit with below error.

DPM was unable to export the item from the recovery farm. Exception Message = Source Url is Absent. (ID 32003 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990E14)

I have confirmed each of the 5 recommended actions. Recovery Farm is up and running, I have copied accross the necessary web templates from the production to the recovery farm. I have also tried a couple of different recovery points and still no good. I have run configuresharepoint.exe and also changed the temp path. I don;t think I am running a unattached item-level recovery but the farm admins should have necessary rights.

I'm only new to the DPM >> Sharepoint protection and this is my first go through creating a recovery farm and testing a restore so I might have missed something but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:56 AM

All replies

• The recovery of sharepoint internal items like default.aspx. is not supported

Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:18 AM
  • I get the exact same error regardless of what type of file I try to restore. I get this even when I try to restore a document in the document library. Same for a sub-site, same for a site. All the requirements have been met, MS support has no answer for this.  If I come up with something I will let you know.

The recovery of sharepoint internal items like default.aspx. is not supported - rediculous answer. It worked in DPM 2007, no reason why it won't work now.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:35 PM
  • ch

What nutesh meant when he said it is not supported is that, DPM uses certain sharepoint APIs in order to perform the item level restores. Now these APIs are guaranteed to work for user data , meaning those items which were explicitly added to the farm by the user, like documents , lists etc. However, the APIs are not guaranteed to work for sharepoint system files such as default.aspx etc. It is clearly a limitation of the sharepoint APIs and therefore not supported by DPM.

Now if you are seeing an issue with site / sub-site recovery my question is what is the url that you are mentioning in the DPM UI at the time of recovery? The URL should be the URL of the parent site of the sub-site that you are recovering and the parent should exist at the time of recovery. If you are recovering a "site-collection" then a dummy site collection with the same name and url needs to be present in the farm at the time of recovery.

Hope this clears.

Roopesh

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. If this answers your query please mark it as answered.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:08 AM