locked
Updating SLO Causes Huge Performance Hit RRS feed

  • Question

  • Just an FYI, this afternoon I was adding SLO's for and already existing Support Group.  I only added 4 queues and 4 SLO's.  However, this caused the CPU usage on the command server to run at 100% for nearly half-an-hour.  This also caused issues with all of our console users as the system responsiveness dropped to nearly zero.  Several users reported console crashes and all users reported noticeable reductions in performance.

    Lesson learned, when adding Service Level items to established support groups, wait until you have a maintenance period.  I don't suggest doing it in the middle of the workday.

    I set up this system in the 4 computer configuration, so it has plenty of power.

    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:13 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Great sharing, I experienced this in person. This is because the updated SLO in effect will go though all the affected Work Items, depends on Queue, and this definitely cause a spike to performance.


    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:18 PM