none
After recent updates (Oct '14) can't get IP after boot to MDT RRS feed

• Question

• MDT 2013 in VM on Hyper-V host.  2 Deployment Shares.  Has been working w/out issue until today.

Just applied the updates to all my servers and office PCs for this month's updates.  Now when I boot to network and connect to MDT, the wizard pops up with the usual credential request.  I enter my credentials and it states it can't authenticate my credentials.  When I exit the wizard, I check the IP and it is a generic 192.168...which explains why I can't log in w/my credentials as it looks as if it looses the IP it initially had when it was able to communicate with MDT to start the imaging process.

When I boot the PC normally, I have a domain IP and have no issues.  When I boot the PC to network and select the appropriate Deployment Share, it shows it is connected to the MDT server as it loads the wizard...it's just after that, that it seems to lose its DHCP IP.

Anyone else experience this yet?  I don't know where to start to look on which update is causing this.  Whether it be on the PDC, the MDT server (VM), the Hyper-V server that hosts the VM, or the PC...

***Update:  I even gave it a static IP at the beginning of the wizard and it still comes up with "Invalid credentials:  The network path was not found".

***Just checked ipconfig after this last fail and for some reason the subnet mask isn't entered correctly like I entered it...it shows 255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0...???  Also...the connection-specific DNS suffix is correct...and default gateway are correct...but it also did not take the static IP that I assigned it...it has "autoconfiguration IPv4 address...169.254.223.42" which is not what I gave it...

• Edited by lavee45 Friday, October 17, 2014 3:30 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 3:04 PM

Answers

• OK...figured it out...this is weird.  I have IPv6 disabled on all my internal servers.  I enable IPv6 and now I can authenticate...

The thing that tipped me off about it was that when I was trying to give it a static IP from w/in the MDT wizard, it was showing the IPv6 address and then saying autoassigned IPv4 with something that I did not give it.  So I enabled IPv6 on the MDT server's NIC and then booted the PC "normal" and I was able to authenticate...

• Marked as answer by lavee45 Friday, October 17, 2014 3:50 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 3:49 PM