View SSL certificate on Default SMTP Virtual Server RRS feed

• Question

•           In Exchange 2003, I need to know what SSL certificate is installed on the Default SMTP Virtual Server. I think I have an inbound TLS problem (can't receive from GMail), but I need to see what is installed first before I start making possibly unnecessary and counterproductive changes. I see no way to inspect the existing certificate. "Export" and "Copy" are greyed out in the Web Server Certificate Wizard. What am I missing? There must be a way to see what is there.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check in System manager on the default smtp virtual server

Regarding the possibility to export/copy the certificate, when the import is done you have an option that says something like, do you wish this certificate to be exportable.. that's not selected, and that's why you can't export it

Anyway, maybe you can download the certificate from the cert provider?

Jonas Andersson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog | Follow me on twitter: jonand82
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:46 AM
  •            System Manager is exactly where I looked. There seems to be no way to view, verify, or inspect the existing certificate (if any-- maybe there isn't one) on the SMTP virtual server, whichj is exactly what I need to do before I start messing with it. I need to know if the existing certificate is valid or not so that I can know if that is the problem. Downloading a certificate doesn't tell me what is installed right now on the SMTP virtual server. I can't believe that there is absolutely no way to see what is on there right now.
    Monday, October 24, 2011 12:26 AM
  • Check with mmc console (certificates, computer) aswell..

If you can't find it there, then you don't have any certificate installed

Jonas Andersson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog | Follow me on twitter: jonand82
    Monday, October 24, 2011 12:00 PM
  • But the Certificates MMC only shows what is installed on the server. It doesn't tell me what certificate is bound to the Default SMTP Virtual Server. There must be a way to display that information.
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:42 PM