Easiest way to connect exchange 2003 server from internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm adminstering an old exhange 2003 server, and I'm looking to open ports so that we can access the Exchange server through the firewall.

As I see, there's a lot of ways to accomplish this. But I prefer to do this without using SSL (certificate) since we don't have one. I would of course like to make the connection secure to some extent if possible. 

What ports does need opening through the firewall for accessing mail and calendar and sync it through an mobile phone? (Anderoid)
    I've tried Google a lot and it seems that there's no particulate guide existing for this. First of all, I'm just trying to get an overview of what connection options I have of course.

Thanks for any advices! :) 

Monday, October 15, 2012 11:06 AM

Answers

• Just port 80 should be fine.

--

you have records in your public domain ?

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you ------------- I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:09 PM
  • But I prefer to do this without using SSL (certificate) since we don't have one. I would of course like to make the connection secure to some extent if possible. 

That is an algorithm that can not be solved.

You can get a certificate for
    30$/year from certificatesforexchange.com and when you have that you only need to have port 443 open.

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:11 AM

All replies

• Just port 80 should be fine.

--

you have records in your public domain ?

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you ------------- I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:09 PM
  • But I prefer to do this without using SSL (certificate) since we don't have one. I would of course like to make the connection secure to some extent if possible. 

That is an algorithm that can not be solved.

You can get a certificate for
    30$/year from certificatesforexchange.com and when you have that you only need to have port 443 open.

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:11 AM