none
Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled RRS feed

• Question

• I found a fix for this problem .. I went to start then right-clicked IE icon to open properties. In the target field I deleted "extoff" at the end of the line and then in the Comment field I erased everything except  Start Internet Explorer. It still says (No Add-ons) in parentheses on the start menu .. but when I open the program I no longer have that warning message at the top of the screen and the game site I like is working fine now.
    Friday, September 26, 2014 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your sharing, hope your experience is helpful with others who had similar problem.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:22 AM
  • still says (No Add-ons) in parentheses on the start menu ..

Did you recently install a different browser?  Which one?  I think symptoms like this are being caused by such installs but I don't have any details for supporting the idea.  However, count yourself lucky because some users are inexplicably seeing all signs of IE support completely removed from their GUI.  Then the only thing they can do to get it working again is to use DISM to simulate what using the checkbox in Windows Features would do.  I would really like to know how that was done.  This interfering "exploit" is mild compared to that.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:21 PM
    Answerer