Distribution Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

i ma using MS Exchange 2010, i had some distribution groups but when i assigned a moderator for one of this group the moderator can not received the email or even the members message will stuck in queue, but if i removed the moderator all members will received the email,

pls anyone has face this issue before help me.

Regards

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So the Approval request message actually send to the Moderator.

However, it stuck in queue which cause the Moderator cannot receive Approval request email.

If in this condition, check the message in the queue view.The Queues view displays valuable troubleshooting information, such as the Last Error and the Next Retry Time associated with each queue. Try to find why the message is stuck in the queue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, May 27, 2011 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you get any error message when you send to the moderator?
    Adam Bokiniec
    Monday, May 16, 2011 9:05 AM
  • I would check the following

1. Ensure the group is setup correctly for moderation, i.e is set to ModerationEnabled, ModeratedBy is set or ManagedBy parameter of the distribution group.  

2. You're ArbitrationMailbox exists.

3. Use Get-distribution group to get the info for point 1. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124755.aspx

Sukh

Monday, May 16, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hi Adam, 

no i did not get any message

Sami

Sami Hammad
    Monday, May 16, 2011 10:04 AM
  • hi suhk, 

how can i check the ArbitrationMailbox 

regards 

Sami Hammad
    Monday, May 16, 2011 10:21 AM
  • Hi Sami,

To check what Arbitration Mailbox your Distribution group usese, type: Get-DistributionGroup Group | fl Displayname, ArbitrationMailbox

To view all your Arbitration Mailboxes in your organization, type: Get-Mailbox -Arbitration | fl Name

Adam Bokiniec
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Hi Adam, 

i had checked the Arbitration Mailbox and the result is:

Name                      Alias                ServerName       ProhibitSendQuota

----                      -----                ----------       -----------------

SystemMailbox{1f05a927... SystemMailbox{1f0... ex2011           unlimited

SystemMailbox{e0dc1c29... SystemMailbox{e0d... ex2011           unlimited

FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8... FederatedEmail.4c... ex2011           1 MB (1,048,576 bytes)

Sami

Sami Hammad
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

1. Check if the moderator mailbox is valid and not full.

2. Can you find a message send to moderator in queue?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hi Jason, 

Moderator Mailbox is vaild, and i can find the message in queue.

Regards

Sami Hammad
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Hi,

So the Approval request message actually send to the Moderator.

However, it stuck in queue which cause the Moderator cannot receive Approval request email.

If in this condition, check the message in the queue view.The Queues view displays valuable troubleshooting information, such as the Last Error and the Next Retry Time associated with each queue. Try to find why the message is stuck in the queue.

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, May 27, 2011 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:56 AM