none
Would Exchange Server 2019 management tools work with Exchange Server 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• If i had a Windows 10 computer with Exchange Server 2019 management tools installed on it, could i use it to manage an Exchange Server 2016 environment?  Or do the management tools have to always equal the same version as the server?
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:34 PM

All replies

• If i had a Windows 10 computer with Exchange Server 2019 management tools installed on it, could i use it to manage an Exchange Server 2016 environment?  Or do the management tools have to always equal the same version as the server?
    There is really no need to install the mgmt tools for any version. Whats the requirement?
    • Proposed as answer by Udara Kaushalya Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:54 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

As Andy asked above, why do you need to use Exchange 2019 management tools to manege Exchange 2016?

And according to my research, it is required to maintain the management tools version same version as the server

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:30 AM