Skype for busniess users can't see all the users in address book RRS feed

• Question

• I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out this issue.
    My skype client will search the address book and even show clients that I have not installed the client as well as all those I have. It is showing the presence and everything seems to be working.

However my test client and and several other users (most in fact) when they search they can find me, the test client and a few other that are working but they are unable to find the users that are not working but everyone can see the test client.

I have noticed the people that are working properly are in the same OU so my problem may be permissions but I can not find any information explaining the permissions required to search the address book.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:00 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your quick and informative response, but I found the problem.

When I setup the Skype for Business 2016 server it had me set up a share \\skypeserver\share and I configured the permissions on that share for the test group and not for the people that would be using it. I fixed the share permissions and that fixed the issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi hotrodjeremy,

Welcome to post in our forum.

You have mentioned that “you unable to find the users that are not working”, for the “users that are not working”, did you mean their statuses are offline or away ?

Regarding your issue, I would give you the following suggestions:

Please try to update the address book by using the command Update-CsAddressBook, then run the command line Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus to make sure your CMS with the latest update.

Moreover, you could set the SFB client policy parameter "AddressBookAvailability" to the value of WebSearchOnly, then SFB client will search the address book from BE database directly.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:24 AM
  • Thank you for your quick and informative response, but I found the problem.

When I setup the Skype for Business 2016 server it had me set up a share \\skypeserver\share and I configured the permissions on that share for the test group and not for the people that would be using it. I fixed the share permissions and that fixed the issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:45 PM
  • Hi hotrdjeremy,

Thanks for your sharing.

It will help others who has the similar issue.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:16 AM