none
Microsoft Project Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our company recently migrated to o365 and SharePoint Online, and I would like to know if there is any FREE Microsoft Project Viewer that we can incorporate into our enterprise environment.

For Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64

Thank you,

GenXit

• Edited by GenXit Monday, June 4, 2018 11:19 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi GenXit.

The only free Microsoft Project Viewer I'm aware of is an app named ProjectViewer, which is a third party software.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, June 1, 2018 8:00 PM
  • Thanks. I have tested that one but it's not fully free... I believe it offers a 30-day trial. Also, I do not believe it is compatible with Windows 7.
    GenXit
    • Edited by GenXit Monday, June 4, 2018 11:21 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 11:20 AM
  • Moreover, if you talk about viewing projects in Project Online, they are not stored as MPP files but as data in a database. So you simply cannot use a web viewer to view projects. What is your use case? What users? For what purpose? Where are your projects (project online, shared drive, sharepoint)?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, June 4, 2018 11:25 AM
  • Moreover, if you talk about viewing projects in Project Online, they are not stored as MPP files but as data in a database. So you simply cannot use a web viewer to view projects. = I believe you can open a MPP file online. See here --- https://www.projectplan365.com/projectviewernow/tViews.aspx#

What is your use case?I don't have a case. Not sure what case you are referring to.

What users?Any users that wanting to open/view MS Project Files.

For what purpose?To view MPP files.

Where are your projects (project online, shared drive, SharePoint)?Whenever a project manager or manager email out his/her MPP files, the employee can open and view the files. These employees do not need full MS Project edition.

As I stated, to view MPP files only.

GenXit

• Edited by GenXit Monday, June 4, 2018 12:25 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 12:24 PM
  • I didn't know for the Project Online viewer! Note anyway that it must require a Project Online licence.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:10 PM