none
Project Server: Project Centre View for Master Projects and its Sub Projects with step by step... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with a step by step, for surely it is easy...

Our client requires to see Master Projects and its sub projects in Project centre regardless of them being part of the same Program or different Programs, but looks like there is no easy way of viewing this simple information in Project Centre view without customising a solution which I really didn't want to do.

I tried it with a filter in the Views customization...but without results...

Is there any way to implement it without to create a business report? (directly in the Project Center view???)

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your answer, I suspected this ... that it could not be carried out OOB.

Thank you for your response and have a great day.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

• Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:20 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

I am not sure, if I understand your intention correctly.

You want to see subprojects within Project Center side by side to the master projects without having to open the master projects? If it would be that, you only have to choose "show subprojects" in the Project Center ribbon.

What you cannot achieve is to get something like the master projects name in a column of a Project Center view. For that you would need to build a report with SQL Reporting Services or Excel Services.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Christoph

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your answer, I suspected this ... that it could not be carried out OOB.

Thank you for your response and have a great day.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

• Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:20 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:20 AM