Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I've loaded Windows 10 onto my Acer Aspire E5-511 laptop. Everything is working except my touchpad. I can only use my computer with an external mouse.  When I checked the drivers there is no touchpad driver listed, only my external mouse. I went onto the Acer website and downloaded two different touchpad drivers they said were compatible with Windows 10.  After downloading, when I checked, I can't find either of these drivers.

In Device Manager there's a yellow warning triangle at the Intel(R) Serial IO 12C ES Controller. When I open that up it says

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.

When I went to update that driver it said it's up to date.  And the Roll Back Driver option is grey and I can't go back to a previous version. 

What has happened? How can I get the use of my touchpad back?

Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:59 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to run Windows Updates through Settings? I've done that on a number of machines with driver issues. Doesn't always help but may. 

From the Acer web... (http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers)
    - You may want to install the Chipset Drivers
    - When you say you can't either of the drivers, do you mean they downloaded but you can't locate the installers?
    - If you're comfortable possibly try a BIOS update? 

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:09 PM