locked
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - August 2015 (KB890830) Download error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Get this error from the wsyncmgr.log when it tries to download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - August 2015 and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August 2015

    ailed to sync update fec9b910-402b-4f99-a2fe-81e9e505b7e3. Error: The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded and cannot be accepted. Source: Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow

    SCCM2012 R2 SP1

    All the others updates seem to have downloaded correctly, first time I have seen this error here.

    Thanks.

    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:27 PM

Answers

  • Checking into that now, thanks. But I may have found the problem, in the event log for WSUS I was getting this error,

    Content file download failed. Reason: Error calling [kernel32.dll]:CreateDirectory(e:\WSUS\WsusContent\E9) Source File:  Destination File: ."

    which that folder path does not exist, my WSUS was installed to F:\wsus\wsuscontent. I added the e:\wsus\wsuscontent folder (manually)

    and now the txt-files have been download to you guessed it

    e:\wsus\wsuscontent

    Not sure how or why that had changed. More to follow...

    Thanks!

     

    "

    • Marked as answer by Delta07d Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:57 PM

All replies

  • I'm fairly sure that this will correct itself in time.


    Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:14 PM
  • Ok, I looked at the wsyncmgr.log from when the update sync started at midnight, this error was almost immediately thrown

    sync failed: Unknown: IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host~~at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS

    Retry after 60 minutes and the new updates began synchronizing updates except the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 

    Does that error tell us anything?

    Thanks

    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:23 PM
  • Looks like just a temporary communications issue. I'd wait.


    Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

    • Proposed as answer by Joyce L Friday, August 14, 2015 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

    Even though, since it retries every 60 minutes and fails every time, it may fix itself...

    Thanks. 

    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:34 PM
  • Seems related to  any update that has a Microsoft Software License Terms, fails to download, if I change the classifications at the SUP and remove Update rollups the sync completes with no errors.  I check the WSUS on the server and the download failure is also there. We have another WSUS server running that is not part of SCCM and those Microsoft Software License Terms have downloaded.

    I was not having this issue before august, checking to see what may have changed an this server.

    Thanks

    Monday, August 17, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Seems related to  any update that has a Microsoft Software License Terms, fails to download,

    EULAs are downloaded as separate TXT-files. You could check that TXT-files are not blocked by firewall, proxy etc.

    Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:30 AM
  • Checking into that now, thanks. But I may have found the problem, in the event log for WSUS I was getting this error,

    Content file download failed. Reason: Error calling [kernel32.dll]:CreateDirectory(e:\WSUS\WsusContent\E9) Source File:  Destination File: ."

    which that folder path does not exist, my WSUS was installed to F:\wsus\wsuscontent. I added the e:\wsus\wsuscontent folder (manually)

    and now the txt-files have been download to you guessed it

    e:\wsus\wsuscontent

    Not sure how or why that had changed. More to follow...

    Thanks!

     

    "

    • Marked as answer by Delta07d Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:57 PM