Profile sync issue in moss 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a sharepoint site which is added to domain.

Recently one of the user has changed his/her Enterprise ID from dir\abc.def to dir\jkl.mno

if i search jkl.mno in people picker it is resolving to older id i.e abc.def

Kindly need your help.

Regards

Navy007

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No do not update directly in DB. This will withdraw the support of your environment.

The people picker first check in sharepoint for the profile but if it does not find it will go to the AD to get it.

As you said that even the second way did not worked out for you, have you checked the profile details in SSP?

I think it must be showing old data and in this case you can execute one full profile import so that the data will be updated in SSP and then you can try the steps I have mentioned in my previous post.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check in SSP if you have updated profile.

This happens normally since profile sync jobs updates the details of only active users.

An active user is defined as a user who has updated any content in the site. 

To resolve this following steps:

1. Go to any sharepoint group in the site and resolved her id using the corrected form. What I mean to say is if suppose the the corrected resolved name should be lname, fname then directly add this in people and group and resolve it. Subsequent additions should now resolve it properly.

2. If the above does not work, delete the user from site collection and add again.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

I tried both ways but no luck,

Actually do u know from where people picker resolves names , Does it goes to directory or withing sharepoint DB it checks.

Because in outlook it is resolving updated Enterprise Id . Also if it resolves from sharepoint then can we update these details manually in DB.

Regards,

Navy007

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

No do not update directly in DB. This will withdraw the support of your environment.

The people picker first check in sharepoint for the profile but if it does not find it will go to the AD to get it.

As you said that even the second way did not worked out for you, have you checked the profile details in SSP?

I think it must be showing old data and in this case you can execute one full profile import so that the data will be updated in SSP and then you can try the steps I have mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:39 AM