Mac Clients certificate getting revoked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our SCCM 2012 environment we have been installing the client onto our Mac's. We have been doing this for about 5 months. Well, looking at our All Computers collection I see that a majority of the Mac computers that have had the client installed and were previously showing active now show inactive or client type as none.

I dug around and found on our CA that there are a bunch of instances where the certificate is getting revoked with a "cease of operation" tag. The dates for these instances fall on Saturdays at around 12am, I assume a CRL is getting checked or some verification process takes place then. Also, for about 90% of the revocations, it takes place at almost exactly one months time from the installation of the certificate. I cannot find a common thing for the clients with the certification revocation other than that. Some computers have had the client installed for months and not been revoked while some can be only a week and get it revoked. I am curious to know if anyone has been experiencing the clients certificate getting revoked also and if a solution has been found.

We have an account that is tied to the certificate for installation on the CA that is a part of a security group. I followed the instructions for creating the certificate from this link, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682023.aspx, so all seems right there.

One other note is that all of our Mac computers show up as Mobile devices and not computers. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Let me know if you need any logs. I checked the MP_registrationmanager log and the clients are getting approved and they do get connected to our site. I can even push applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:04 PM