Modem Drivers needed for vista rc1 build 56000 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 on this computer and Windows XP Home Edition.

I am having the following problems with Windows Vista:

Is not reconginzing my modem drivers I have two modems one is for the ADSL internet connection and the other one is for the Dial up internet connection.

It does not recongnize either.

It does not recognize my PCI TV-Card either

How can I get the Modem Drivers for my PCtel platinum v.90 modem?

How can I get the real modem drivers for my ADSL SpeedTouch USB 330 (RFC1483)?

How can I get the real drivers for my SmartTV innodv TV-card?

I am using the term real drivers because even if I install the Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista.  The devices do not work completly.

For instance in the case of the ADSL modem after installing the Windows XP driver on Windows vista, Windows Vista recognizes the device, and the modem shows that it is actually connected to the internet. You can also see that device running perfectly with no warning signs or anything on the Device Manager. But When you try to access internet Vista gives a warning saying that there is limited connectivity for that network device, and it won't allow me to browse or use the internet.

Almost the same happens with the TV card. But with the difference that in this case  in the device manager the driver shows a yellow and misterious signal before the name of the driver TV Card 7130. And it tells you that windows found the drives for the device but the device cannot start.

The PCI dial up modem would not even install.

So I have no internet when I use Windows Vista RC1 and Vista is asking for an internet connection because it says that it needs to activate the Windows or something.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

Saturday, November 25, 2006 6:21 PM

All replies

•  Rosendo wrote:

I am running Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 on this computer and Windows XP Home Edition.

I am having the following problems with Windows Vista:

Is not reconginzing my modem drivers I have two modems one is for the ADSL internet connection and the other one is for the Dial up internet connection.

It does not recongnize either.

It does not recognize my PCI TV-Card either

How can I get the Modem Drivers for my PCtel platinum v.90 modem?

How can I get the real modem drivers for my ADSL SpeedTouch USB 330 (RFC1483)?

How can I get the real drivers for my SmartTV innodv TV-card?

I am using the term real drivers because even if I install the Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista.  The devices do not work completly.

For instance in the case of the ADSL modem after installing the Windows XP driver on Windows vista, Windows Vista recognizes the device, and the modem shows that it is actually connected to the internet. You can also see that device running perfectly with no warning signs or anything on the Device Manager. But When you try to access internet Vista gives a warning saying that there is limited connectivity for that network device, and it won't allow me to browse or use the internet.

Almost the same happens with the TV card. But with the difference that in this case  in the device manager the driver shows a yellow and misterious signal before the name of the driver TV Card 7130. And it tells you that windows found the drives for the device but the device cannot start.

The PCI dial up modem would not even install.

So I have no internet when I use Windows Vista RC1 and Vista is asking for an internet connection because it says that it needs to activate the Windows or something.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

I agrre with youthis one... my problem is smaller, my dialup V.92 is not working, actually was the only driver with problems. I hope that this is not an issue to another problems, but I think not.... anyways... let's see.

Regards,

Marcelo Mason 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:43 AM
  • Hi Marcelo Mason, ¿Can you connect to the internet using Vista? Because I can't so I am completely unable to go to Windows Update through vista, hopefully I have another partition in my hard drive with XP Home so I still can use the internet.

I got a message from the microsoft saying and I quote:  

"Modem Drivers needed for vista rc1 build 56000 has replies but is not marked as answered. Please visit your post and let us know if the reply answers your question.

For the 72hr stale posts "

Does this mean that the page is waiting for me to say I have no answers, or does it mean that if I get no answers soon it will make this post unavailable?  

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:46 PM
  • it does not recognise either

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:36 AM