Office 2016. One formula bar. Multiple open documents/templates. RRS feed

• Question

• I keep searching for this a solution for this. 

For my work i have to work with multiple documents at once. When working on a laptop its freaking impossible to get any work done. Even on two 30" 2560x1600 WQXGA screens it doesn't 'work'. Maybe if you do a lot of the same work? But not you use a lot of buttons/tabs/sheets/docs/templates.... 

If put one screen right and one left there is no room on the 'formula' bar and everything gets hidden and i'm clicking/searching way to long.

When its 1 in the top and one in the bottom it's to hard to compare paragraphs. 

Why cant you use the good old "extra window" and have one row of buttons and 2 or more screens that are useful!

Having multiple ribbons with buttons that all do the same has NO added value!!!!

Some one pleas find a solution for this. The completely stripped down "custom" ribbon i'm using now just does't work. 

I've managed to keep my 2010 for as long as i could but i'm forced in to 365/2016 now and i'ts driving me crazy!!!! 

What ever you do!!! DO NOT DO THIS TO VISUAL BASIC!!! Pleas i'm begging you!!!

Sincerely someone who automates excel/word stuff and places bookmarks, formats and a whole lot of other stuff al over multiple templates and spreadsheets.  

Koen. 

ps: At least explain why you took this course/approach. 

ps2: I'm just posting every where i can think of till i find a solution. It't not ment as spam. 

Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Koen,

Thanks for posting in our forum. 

As far as I know, Microsoft is actively working on improving users' experience on external monitors. I have submit your feedback using our internal way. Additionally. you may also post your valuable suggestion to the UserVoice forum so that others who have a similar idea can vote for this feedback. Many features of current programs have been designed and upgraded based your feedback. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 2, 2018 9:06 AM