none
DPM Failing to backup WSS_Content DB on Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi<o:p></o:p>

I have been using DPM 2010 to back up my SharePoint environment for a few months without any issues. For the last two days it has failed to back up the WSS_Content db. The message I’m getting is<o:p></o:p>

DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy435\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\WSS_Content.mdf on ServerSPSQL.domain.local (ID 2033 Details: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (0x8007045D))<o:p></o:p>

I’ve checked the disk and that seems OK, does anybody have any ideas?

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Thanks</o:p>

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run a chkdsk /f /r drvltr:  against the drive hosting the Sql database. The /r switch will check every sector on that volume including file data, so you may want to check db integrity once chkdsk finishes.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 19, 2013 11:27 PM
  • Hi Mike

I will try that and report back with my results. 

Thanks

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:18 AM