Outlook 2013/Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded to W10.  I re-installed Oultlook 2013, and at the same time switched from POP to IMAP.  Things seem to be working fine, EXCEPT I can't seem to save my view settings.  [I can save them for the current session, but when I close outlook and re-start it, the settings are lost.

Thank you so much,

Patrick

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Which folder's view have you changed? Have you clicked "Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders"?

One situation is that you changed only a specific folder's view, but you opened Outlook with another folder(Default Inbox) next time.

If you are sure you are viewing the same folder(Before and after restart), then there may be somthing wrong with your View settings. Please try pressing Win + R, type “outlook /cleanviews”, press Enter and see if the issue. continues.

Since Outlook save its view settings in data file, if the issue persists, it is suggested to delete your OST file and re-start your Outlook client, a new OST file will be created automatically.(Find your OST file: File > Account Settings > Data Files > Open File Location...)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Which folder's view have you changed? Have you clicked "Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders"?

One situation is that you changed only a specific folder's view, but you opened Outlook with another folder(Default Inbox) next time.

If you are sure you are viewing the same folder(Before and after restart), then there may be somthing wrong with your View settings. Please try pressing Win + R, type “outlook /cleanviews”, press Enter and see if the issue. continues.

Since Outlook save its view settings in data file, if the issue persists, it is suggested to delete your OST file and re-start your Outlook client, a new OST file will be created automatically.(Find your OST file: File > Account Settings > Data Files > Open File Location...)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:47 AM
  • I upgraded to the latest version of Outlook, and then tried what you suggested, by making sure I went to the inbox before leaving Outlook.  Voila!  Why is this necessary?  Is this behavior documented anywhere?

Anyway, thanks so much for your help.  Patrick

Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:29 AM